Hahaha!! I couldn't remember if you'd seen this picture before, nor whether or not it was posted on YankeePoodle. Oh well...sigh...it doesn't matter, does it? If you had seen it before, you won't remember anyway either!
I've been working on a cooking blog JR and I have wanted to do for a long time. Then he can share the great recipes he finds on YouTube and I can post his favorite recipes for those times when he misses family. Did you know that when you're homesick, you can make saucy little meatloaves to feel better? Or raisin sheet cookies with melted icing? Funny how those comfort foods make us feel like we're home again.
I was missing my family the other day so I got out a tall glass, filled it with milk and started crushing saltine crackers to cram in the glass. You can't crush enough all at once. There's too much milk. So you crush a handful, eat 'em, crush some more, eat 'em, crush some more and if you still have milk in the bottom, crush the last handful but do NOT look at the milk. It will make you sick seeing those soggy saltines floating on top.
Other than being homesick for people, things are going REALLY WELL at our house. 2012 will hopefully be our best year since the "hollow" cost us our family if you know what I mean. We've slowly but surely climbed our way of the deep dark pit he left behind. I may have to wait until we're dead but I am definitely breaking his fingers toys.
Love,
Carolyn
Love,
Carolyn
No comments:
Post a Comment
Let's Talk! It gets lonely in here!