That's me. With my bazooka. Dell computers beware! I am Ready....aiming...and firing my fat gun!
WHY you ASK!???
W-H-Y???
What on earth could upset a middle-aged divorcee enough for her to arm herself with ammunition? Well, you will not believe what happened.
My fancy-schmancy-cost-more-than-my-car Dell Laptop freaking up-and-died on me. That's right. I got up one morning as I've done most of my life and hobbled down to my computer which I've not done most of my life but limping and hobbling is becoming my new walking style.
I pushed the Dell laptop's ON button and nothing happened. Nothing. Not a sound or beep or lights or anything. Just a big screen in which my shocked face reflected over and over in the vast void of utter nothingness. It's called The Blue Screen of Death and you'd better hope you never witness such a horror your whole live long life long.
Guess Dell will be fixing that machine since it's still under warranty. It's not even two years old and from what message forums said when I frantically googled for information, MY particular model is notorious for crapping out right after the warranty ends. Lucky me, though. I still have time.
SOOOOOOOOOOO...in the interim: I ran to Costco and loaded up a great deal on a new HP Pavillion Desktop. (Enough of this laptop crap, you know? That's the second very expensive laptop that's bit the dust sooner than expected. Back to one of those reliable machines you can't pack around but at least the darn thing lasts longer than a couple of years!)
By the way, for anyone who is looking for a computer, check out Costco's prices on some fine 'packaged' deals. There's a great desktop for only $650. That's the one I was going to buy, then ended up getting a higher-priced but modestly expensive machine.
If you're reading this Janene, go to Costco. Amazing prices for the keyboard, monitor (this one is 25") and tower.
Nice to be back online though. I was going through withdrawal!!
I really hope everyone missed me.
Don't tell me if you didn't.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Let's Talk! It gets lonely in here!