Sunday, March 27, 2011

A Woman's Best Friend



Maybe dogs are men's best friends but a woman's best friend is a WASHING MACHINE. I loved this ten-minute speech and wanted to share it with everyone. It makes you appreciate inventions that liberated women from tedious, time-consuming, mundane and repetitive tasks. You’ll never take your appliances for granted again. Promise!

Why, after watching this movie for the tenth time, I sauntered into the laundry room and hugged my washing machine. I’ll never give up my washing machine. I vow never to betray my best friend. (It’s important to reassure my washing machine that she’s irreplaceable because she knows it wasn’t very long ago that I kissed my iron good-bye). But no woman in her right mind would EVER give up her washing machine. 

Imagine me and Connie beating our laundry on rocks in the stream behind Kathy and Dave's house! Imagine what Dave's apple and peach orchard would look like, webbed in laundry lines and strewn with familial Fruit of the Looms. hehehe


Nope. I'll NEVER give up my washing machine.





Wasn’t that GREAT?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Talk! It gets lonely in here!