Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Last Man on Earth, 1964


As most of you already know, I have a one-track mind leading nowhere specific. This makes life endlessly fascinating and never, ever boring. 

This winter season, my brain is absolutely obsessed with vampire movies old and new, good and bad, scary and laughable. Bear with me. This Too Shall Pass.

Anyway, I stumbled across this old movie from the 1960's and realized it was the precedent for Will Smith's "I am Legend." Now, some of you might not be interested in black and white movies but this one is a winner for sure. AND, you can watch the whole thing for free on YankeePoodle by simply clicking on the image below. You don't even need to leave the house and stand in line for tickets! What a deal, right?


Of if you'd prefer, you can click:

Storyline: "Based on the chilling Richard Matheson science fiction Classic "I am Legend" and later remade as "The Omega Man" starring Charlton Heston. This classic features Vincent Price as scientist Robert Morgan in a post apocalyptic nightmare world. The world has been consumed by a ravenous plague that has transformed humanity into a race of bloodthirsty vampires. Only Morgan proves immune, and becomes the solitary vampire slayer."

p.s. If you like the movie, please leave a comment but you have to tell me who you are. ha!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Talk! It gets lonely in here!